Back to Positions
Part Time Evening Shift Aide/Includes every other weekend morning hours
During the week hours would be from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and every other weekend hours would be 7:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m.
This position’s primary responsibility it to serve meals in the dining areas, clear tables after meals are over, wash dishes and clean pots and pans. In addition Dining Room Aides may be asked to assist cooks, prepare the kitchens for meal times, and do general cleaning in the kitchens.
The Dining Room Aide is subject to the normal hazards of kitchen work including working around stoves, ovens, fryers and char-broilers and dish washers. The environment is often very warm. Workers are subject to extreme temperature variations due to storage in walk-in freezers and coolers. The work may entail long periods of standing or walking, stooping, bending and reaching. The person should be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Assists with setting up the kitchen for meal serving, placing dishes, condiments, cold food items etc. where they are needed during serving.
- Transports food to serving kitchens.
- When working in Healthcare and Crestwood, dishes up meals according to meal cards.
- May do some light cooking in the Healthcare kitchen when assigned to that area.
- Collects menus from residents following the serving routine established in each dining room and delivers them to the kitchen.
- Sees that each resident is offered a choice of beverages and soup.
- Receives the plated hot food, assembles other items per the menu and deliver the meal to the proper resident.
- Monitors the dining area for additional requests from residents.
- May deliver room trays to Residential Living residents.
- After residents have left the dining room, the tables are cleared following departmental procedure and tables are wiped off.
- In Healthcare, prepares the Dining Room for the meal service.
- As assigned, assists with either loading and operating the dishwasher or with putting cleaned table service away.
- Cleans the dish room after the dishwashing is complete.
- Places unused food and supplies in appropriate storage areas.
- As assigned cleans pots, pans and cooking utensils.
- Adheres to all Food Safety and Sanitation rules throughout all duties.
- Follows established dress code.
- Uses safety equipment according to departmental procedures.